WCG is seeking nominations for 5 positions on the board (the duties for these positions are listed at the end):
- 2 Directors
- Vice President
- Recording Secretary
Please consider becoming involved in this dynamic organization that has been serving Washington DC area conservators and the general public for 45 years. WCG has been extremely successful over the years supporting the community through numerous programs, publications and conservation assistance – all with the members that volunteer their time and expertise. Serving on the board is a way to stay connected with the conservators in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland and to give back to a guild that supports you professionally.
Send any suggestions for nominations to Eliza Gilligan, email@example.com, Chair for the Nominating Committee. If you have any questions please contact a member of the Nominating Committee or the current board members, they will be pleased to answer them for you.
We look forward to hearing from you by January 31, 2013. Thank you for considering serving on the board of the Washington Conservation Guild.
Director (two year elected position, may serve one additional year)
- Regularly attends Board meetings to make procedural and policy decisions and to stay informed about Guild activities.
- Is responsible for coordinating two or more of the monthly meetings.
- Prepares information for meeting announcement and sends it to the Membership Secretary four weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Contacts the Intern Coordinator for a meeting summarizer and follows up to ensure that the summary gets to Newsletter editor in timely fashion.
- Coordinates with Logistics Chair regarding refreshments, supplies, facility details, and set-up/clean up.
Vice President (two year elected position)
- Arranges and schedules meeting locations; meetings are normally held on the first Thursday of the month unless this date falls on a religious or other holiday.
- In the absence of the President, responds to urgent Guild business, such as conducting Board and monthly meetings.
- Writes thank you notes to speakers and meeting hosts.
- Coordinates the Three-Ring Circus meeting.
- Serves as the alternate delegate to Heritage Preservation.
Treasurer (two year elected position, no more than two consecutive terms)
- Records all financial transactions of the Guild, balancing the accounts as necessary.
- Check invoices for accuracy and distributes funds accordingly.
- Reports on expenditures at each Board meeting and answers financial questions.
- Collects donations received at each meeting, and reports total to President.
- Periodically checks to ensure that expenditures are within budget parameters.
- Prepares proposed annual budget for following year at April board meeting and final budget for vote at the May membership meeting.
- Prepares Federal and DC tax forms and files them when needed.
Recording Secretary (two year elected position, no more than two consecutive terms)
- Records and types minutes of the monthly Board and Annual meetings and sends draft to all Board members one week after the meeting (first sends draft requesting corrections by board members and then sends out final version).
- Includes location and time of the next Board meeting in the minutes.
- Maintains meeting minutes for annual submission to the WCG archives.
- Submits minutes of the May business meeting by mid-May to be published in the June WCG Newsletter.